Shower Spray head replacement

The spray head for my 9.5Kw electric shower needs replacing (O ring internally has given up). I could get one from Aldis for an acceptable price but it says for 2 to 8 Bar. I suspect this is unsuitable for electric showers but could someone confirm that please, or alternatively has anyone used one of these successfully on an electric shower ?

Thanks Rob

Reply to
robgraham

IME a household supply under 2 bar you would notice it, average pressure is around 3 bar. At 8 bar you would get soaked by the splahback everytime you turned a tap on.

Most electric showers have a minimum pressure, below which they won't operate, that is around 1 bar.

I reckon 2 to 8 bar would work fine unless you have a really noticeable low or high pressure supply.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Where are you? I have a complete brand new Wicks shower head set going begging. Chrome and white.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Its sounds like its designed for an electric shower..

they have small holes so you get a low flow rate, this requires a higher pressure to give a jet (a fine jet usually).

I would be worried if your mains pressure was less than 2 bar, mine is high enough to explode a watering computer I bought so I had to fit a 3 bar reducer.

Reply to
dennis