shower removal

I am trying to remove an electric shower form the bathroom, its a electric one and was plumbed in via a copper pipe which is connected to the cold water tap feed under the bath. It has a stop valved about half way up on the piping.

It was all professionally done.

Just after some advice on how to remove it without flooding the place :)

Thanks

Reply to
Peter smith

I've never had that problem but how about if you turn off the supply to the tap, then open the tap and allow the water in the shower to drain back into the bath. That should work unless there is some sort of non return valve in the shower, or it has an electronic water control valve, in either of which cases you would not need to drain it anyway and would only have to deal with the water between your stop valve and the non return/electronic one. Just keep the shower upright and the shower head above it while you remove it so the water inside does not run out.

Reply to
Keith W

Make doubly doubly sure the electrics are isolated. Locate the fuse or circuit breaker in your consumer unit and either pull the fuse or switch off the CB.

Make sure the water supply is isolated, this probably via the stop valve that you mention.

Drain fittings and remove electrics & water supply. Remove shower from wall. You can expect some small leakage but bowls, paper, towels etc. should cope. hth

Reply to
Nick

Sounds simple enough (famous last words) ... so after what do I do with the piping that will be left there ?

I want to remove it somehow and make it look as it were pre-installation. Or close to.

Reply to
Peter smith

As others have said deal with the electrics as they advise . Turn off that stop tap you mentioned and remove the shower .If you then want to also remove that stop tap and the piece of piping it is fitted to then you need to turn off the water supply further back and only you can determine where that is possible . After you have done that cut the pipe where you want ( allowing for spillage by using towels ,bowls etc ) and cap the pipe either by soldering a stop end ( making sure the pipe is empty and dry) or fiting a compression stop end then turning the water back on again and checking for leaks .

Reply to
Usenet Nutter

This space was filled with words but i snipped em

As you're reply adds nothing why have you posted it ?

Reply to
Stuart B

Try reading the bit above again .I have made it easier for you to see the new advice.

Reply to
Usenet Nutter

Is the valve visible usually or under the bath? If its out of site, then just disconnect the pipe from the valve.

Turn the water off before cutting any pipes ;-)

(pushfit stop ends are a quick and easy way of capping an unused pipe)

Reply to
John Rumm

"John Rumm" wrote

But make sure the end of the pipe is clean and free of burrs/hacksaw swarf, otherwise the O-ring seal can get damaged.

Phil

Reply to
TheScullster