Should pond pumos be hard wired?

I currently have a double weatherproof socket (MK masterseal) that has a built in 30mA RCD by my pond which was installed by an electrician while my house was being extended. I am wondering if this was the appropriate installation as my Hozelock pump says that it is intended to be hardwired to the mains, does this mean that it should only be used with a weatherproof switch type box, would this apply to most if not all pumps? Should the electrician have known this and installed a weatherproof type hard wired switch instead of a double socket?

Thanks for any advise,

Will

Reply to
Will James

They probably mean "don't use this on an extension lead out of the window".

A properly installed weatherproof socket sounds fine to me.

Owain

Reply to
Owain