Shallow tale

Can you buy anything other than a flat screen TV these days anyway? And where there ever any CRT FreeView sets made?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News

Yes, they tended to be called iDTVs back then, I had a Sony KD32DX100, the switch to 8k carriers made it useless, only SCART no HDMI inputs.

Reply to
Andy Burns

Surely not a FreeView capable set then?

I've got several FreeView tuners here with SCART outputs. You don't get HD with them, though.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News

Well it predates Freeview back in the days of OnDigital, the 2k to 8k carrier swap happened in 2011 and killed-off several first generation STBs and iDTVs, up to that point it did receive the 7-day EPG not just now&next, but that possibly relied on a later firmware update.

Reply to
Andy Burns

Yup - that's what I thought.

Reply to