Septic tanks...

Even if you can. I'd still recommend aerobic. Much less chance of nasty niffs.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Bloody hell, that's a lot.

How much to dig a pit, concrete the base, bricking the sides with two skins and rendering the inside with a 5:1 sand and cement?

A concrete top, two inspection covers and a load of rubble for a soakaway or let it empty into reeds in a pond and the job's a good'un.

You need to fill the thing with clean water before you put the top on, in case it needs another coat of render. Personally, I'd give it a scratch and two coats. I can't remember how large they need to be but a

10 x 5 x 5 may be about right.

That was in the days before concrete rings were in common use.

Reply to
Michael Mcneil