Security Light Stays on only after car has been.

Hi, has anyone see this? A security light works perfectly until a car parks in the sensor's range. The light then stays on all night and day and won't go off until reset. I'm thinking the bitumen gets warm from the car's engine. It only happens if the car stays awhile. Any thoughts? regards, Richard

Reply to
richard.lister

Something reflecting off the car?

Reply to
dennis

Windscreen?

Adam

Reply to
ARWadworth

Unless this is a different type of security light most normal PIR detectors work on a warm object moving across its field of view. A warm static object "disappears" as far as the dectector is concerned after a while, at least until it moves again.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Car aerial wobbling under the wind and detected by sensor? Or perhaps you have a football / rugby flag attached on the car?

Reply to
Emil Tiades

thanks everyone so far but I might not have explained very well. The problem is that the "warm" car only visits. After it has gone it stays on! Weird eh? regards. R

Reply to
richard.lister

These guys made a training film to sort out this kind of problem.

Emil Tiades

Yes... bin it.

Reply to
dennis