Securing tarp between flat roof and house?

Damn weather! Weeks and weeks of arid hotness and the minute I decide to rip the roof up... it p****s down!

Bog standard situation... rear extension to terraced house; flat roof (slight fall to front); 17sqm; soil stack bang in the middle of rear wall.

Just curious as to methods of securing a tarpaulin at the rear of the flat roof (where it abuts the house wall)?

Existing flashing fell out, so not there to tuck the tarp under.

It's not for a long period (crosses fingers in hope)!

Anything quicker and easier than plug'n'screwed battens?

Anything that won't mark the paint on the wall?

Water proof duct tape?

cheers d.

Reply to
deano

In article , deano writes

A pair of eye bolts in the wall with a tensioned wire between them. That will take the mechanical stress then you can look at temporary weatherproofing of the joint to the wall if reqd.

Reply to
fred

Good idea that... is that why I often see eye bolts in rear walls... covered in multiple layers of masonry paint?

However... in my current sit, I have used a sheet of 1200gauge dpm that I had laying around, therefore no eyelets to thread a wire through... plus it would be involved if I had to keep removing and replacing it whilst working in unsettled weather!

And, I still have the issue of dealing with water running down the wall, behind the tensioned wire!

At this current time, I have nailed a batten down onto the rear arris rail and also to the front of the window board, which seems to be working for the most part, although I have warned the client that some might get in, which is not a problem as they have been living with leaks for about 3 months anyway ;)

Reply to
deano

So fold the edge over the wire and tape it back to itself.

Ever seen a reefed sail in olde hang 'm from the yardarm movies? Reef (bundle/fold and tie) the sheeting when it needs to be held back.

Yes you will, some things have to be left as an exercise for the student ;-)

Reply to
fred

Now how do I actually stop it from raining! :)

Reply to
Dean Heighington