sealing a leaking velux window frame to the roof

I have had two velux windows in my loft roof for over 15 years and for the past 10 years or maybe more, it seems every time we have strong winds and rain there is a leak from somewhere.

I know I can call out a roofer and get them replaced - but why shouldn't I just seal them with some kind of silican or gunge all the way round the frame and marley tile interface? Who's going to see it anyway except the seagulls?

Can you recommend the right type of tar / gunge / silicon for this job?

Reply to
barontorc

Wickes brown window frame sealant is good for this.

Reply to
Ray