Sealing a block drive - any hints'n'tips?

We got a new drive laid in January - blocks (setts). By normal standards it's a small drive, about 6m by 3m

I now want to seal it. I've (of course!) consulted Tony McCormack, The Paving Expert, at

and I will probably use the seaalnt recommended by him.

Has anyone done this, and have any practical additional advice to pass on?

I know I need to wait for a warm dry period of about five days (shoulda done it in April/May). I'm wondering about the washing and re-sanding of it before embarking on the sealing. Any other things to be wary of?

Cheers John

Reply to
Another John

If you're going to do anything to a block drive, replace the sand with something more practical.

Surely sealing them would make the blocks permanently very damp.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

just be aware you will be sealing every other year for life .... as this stuff will not last and drive will become patchy. Its the same with pattern imprinted concrete the sealer wears off.

Reply to
rick

Good point. But this comment, and the two others that have been made, are somewhat allayed by Paving Expert's page, above -- he makes the same warnings, but also makes the case for sealing.

Thanks for the negatives though: a balanced conclusion is what I'm after.

J.

Reply to
Another John