SDS drill grease

| Lurch wrote: | | >>There'll be a cap on the top of the drill which unscrews (Sometimes | >>with a special spanner supplied with the drill). | >>

Mine is the 6kg cheapie. As an active AOP I can use it without problems with the weight.

Reply to
Dave Fawthrop

So my Stayer is one of "The posher SDS drills" then! :-)

I've never greased anything on it and it's still serving me well several years after I bought it.

Reply to
usenet

A difference to what?

Reply to
usenet

What's the correct (posh!) name for the grooves, then?

Reply to
AJB

Me two :-)

I've never lubed anything at all on it, AFAICR it didn't say anything about it in the instructions

Reply to
chris French

The instruction manual that came with my SDS drill!

It came with a little tub of grease and a special spanner to remove the cam on top the drill with the instruction to re-grease every few hours or so.

sponix

Reply to
sPoNiX

Err..you are supposed to replace the cap before using the drill!

sponix

Reply to
sPoNiX

On or around Wed, 09 Nov 2005 21:08:44 +0000, John Rumm mused:

All mine must be posh ones then. ;)

Reply to
Lurch

On or around Thu, 10 Nov 2005 07:25:15 +0000, Dave Fawthrop mused:

Eh?

Reply to
Lurch

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember snipped-for-privacy@isbd.co.uk saying something like:

Why, the difference to the reciprocating action in the orifice, silly.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

The "fill with goo" type do seem to be getting less common now....

Reply to
John Rumm