Use a scythe.

Reply to
Phil

Use a scythe.

On the passenger.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

You had condensation on your windscreen at this time of year?

What WERE you doing?

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Trust you .....lol

Reply to
stillnobodyhome

Charge your passenger for a new windscreen.

Reply to
Huge

As used by the oft-mentioned Rouge Traders? :-)

Reply to
Rod

I would choose the scythe which allows you most effectively to adjust the hand holds to accommodate your height and reach and style of swing.

Good footwear and a studied appropriate posture are important particularly when starting.

Check new prices..quite high now..might be worth buying two different ones if the price is right. There was an article on scythes in Smallholder mag a few months back.

I wish you best of luck..I expect it to be a satisfying activity once you get the technique needed for you.

Reply to
gilli

No, just wait until the windscreen falls to pieces.

And next time leave a tart like that at home.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

You have lead a sheltered life Mary. Female passenger, lots of jewellery, steamed up car....

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Rouge is soft and won't touch glass. You need cerium oxide here, probably on a Dremel with a hard felt bob. Small quantities are available cheaply from

(they sell excellent magnifiers too).

Practice on a wineglass first.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

Perhaps he likes tarts. The jammy ones are delicious!

Reply to
EricP

course is run by Simon Fairlie of Chapter 7.

We use Austrian scythes - the blades are recognized around the world as being of the highest quality. They are lighter, nimbler, more elegantly formed and easier for the novice to sharpen, yet no more expensive than traditional English scythes. However if you have an English / American style scythe we can advise you how to set it up.

Reply to
George (dicegeorge)

In message , EricP writes

Shall we leave your menstrual fantasies out of this ?

Reply to
geoff

Not bad. Only took three posts to get to base level this time :-)

At least nobody has suggested the use of AG to fix the screen (or the tart)..

Reply to
Andy Hall

Wouldn't it be just fate if you got a big crack in the screen too ;-)

Chris

Reply to
Chris J Dixon

Err....I think you'll find I did mention AG in my first reply :-)

Reply to
stillnobodyhome

Thankyou all for your comments - and I may be speaking to you again George ...

I collared several old boys* at the auction room and had them demonstrating scythe swinging actions. Loadsa fun! Also was given some good advice to avoid any scythe with woodworm holes in it. Several of them had hairy tales to tell about Allen scythes so I am glad that my meadow is small enough that I'm not even tempted

I was outbid on a couple of the grass scythes but I was privately offered a scythe by one of the old boys and according to its owner it is better than any of the ones in the auction, has been sitting in his garage for ages and will cost me just twenty pounds, so if all goes well I will be wielding a scythe by next week

*Thats a Norfolkism

Anna

-- Anna Kettle Lime plaster repair and conservation Freehand modelling in lime: overmantels, pargeting etc Tel:    (+44)  01359 230642 Mob:  (+44)  07976 649862 Please look at my website for examples of my work at:

Anna Kettle

simon fairlie is the expert on scything, not me, i know him through

7 is partially supported by the sale of hand-forged Austrian scythes, which are lighter and easier to sharpen than conventional English sythes - click her for a link to
to find out more about these fine tools

Reply to
George (dicegeorge)