Scrooge's DIY christmas tree foot

He's at it again! (Rolls eyes.)

Christmas treecame down minus yet another foot. It's been hobbling on 3 for years. Instead of going to the nearest B&Q and just getting a new tree, him indoors has decided to make replacements. (Sigh.)

The tree is knackered anyway, but oh no, Scrooge reckons he can 'make' a foot and coax another 10 years out of it. It's probably just a ruse to get out of wrapping presents...

Reply to
Suz

I just went to the Christmas Tree Farm down the road today, chose a nice medium one, asked for roots, bloke dug it out, I carried it to my car and paid 10 of your English pounds for the beauty. Now potted and should see many years of service without dropping bits everywhere.

Stop buying plastic kak and go and get a real one ;->

Merry Christmas,

Tim

Reply to
Tim S

Yep, dead and brown tree by Dec 26th

Reply to
Alan

He made one that worked! Looks like shit and took 2 hours, but never mind. It'll be covered up with a tree skirt.

Reply to
Suz

What's wrong with a bucket full of sharp sand with crepe paper wrapped round it?

Reply to
Huge

It seems a bit mean as a Christmas present. Unless you are giving it to a cat.

Reply to
Steve Firth

In message , Huge wrote

It's Christmas - use quality paper :)

Reply to
Alan

It's a plastic tree. Don't think the sand would work, as the "trunk" is only about 20cm long.

Reply to
Suz

Which bit of "roots" and "potted" is confusing you?

;->

Reply to
Tim S

In message , Tim S wrote

Did you not see the words 'dug up'?

Christmas trees grown in a pot may survive.

Reply to
Alan

Au contraire! My last one bought and potted in the same way did good for 3 years, the only thing that killed it was us being away for 3 weeks in the hottest bit of last summer (and me carelessly forgetting to get the neighbours to water it).

However, if it does keel over, I will come back and 'fess up :)

Cheers

Tim

Reply to
Tim S

If I used real trees I'd want one of these:

Reply to
bweebar