Screwfix

Maybe I should have added a smiley, Andy meant 'below' not 'bellow'.

Reply to
usenet

In message , IMM writes

What about the planet .......

Reply to
mark

In message , G&M writes

They dont feel bloody small to me.

Reply to
mark

And seem to be very strange amounts, at least around here. There is a site somewhere were you can look up the bussiness rates for an area. Round here public loos seem to have bussiness rates of several thousand pounds and quite large bussiness's just a few hundred.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

We have a petrol station with rates of 24k a year. I have to pay 2k a year for store I won (a large store granted) No employees, no loos, no rubbish, very little traffic relatively speaking. What am I paying 2k for? The police? Hardly :-/

Reply to
mark

Depends what you have and what services you use. But on something like I imagine Screwfix's warehouse to be they really aren't extortionate, especially compared with sites on mainland Europe.

But of course businesses do get screwed on NI and everything else.

Reply to
G&M

In message , Andrew Gabriel writes

I bought a set of spanners - one was missing, sent it back, another spanner was missing, sent it back and got the original set I sent back, back

Reply to
raden