Screed Advice Please

I screeded (75mm) a floor about 10 days ago and removed the plastic sheeting today. There are some areas that are crumbly and once the loose material is removed a small crater is left behind, say 30-40mm diameter and about 3 or 4 mm deep. The screed surrounding this appears sound.

Not sure what I did wrong, perhaps it got too dry or not compacted enough in these areas?

Anyway, I am now looking for advice as to what to do about it. The floor will be covered with laminate flooring, so in some ways it probably doesn't matter too much. Could I fill the larger craters with more screed or as it would be so thin should I be using something else?

Many thanks for any advice, Jon...

Reply to
jon

How about a layer of levelling compound?

Reply to
Andrew Barnes

What was the plastic sheet for?

Not the damp proof was it?

The "pit" sounds like the puddle that would form (especially if the water given off is trapped at the surface.) A puddle would form at the lowest point and a layer of cement would separate from the mix forming a crust. A little self leveler or a mix of pva and cement will patch it.

Reply to
Michael Mcneil

The sheet was to stop the screed drying before it had cured, it was just laid on top of the screed.

I guess self level>

Reply to
jon