Scanning Documents for file.

Hi all,

If there is a group that covers scanners could you give the name please,

My Computer is: an AMD Athlon (T ) 64 Processor 34002.40 GHz,

1GB of RAM

With Microsoft Windows XP Home with service pack 2

Using Microsoft Office 2000.

I have a Canon ScanoScan 9900F Scanner, which I have had around 13 months.

When previewing is in progress the image appears ok,

Then the brightness and contrast are vastly increased at the end of the pre-scan, I have carried on with the scan hoping the completed scan would be better adjusted but it is not.

Documents turn out looking nothing like the original.

When I look at the hardware profile on my computer, and click on the scanner, it shows the driver as: 8.2.5.0

On the Canon website it says there is a: Deldrv (C2.082) available is this the one I should install?

It also quotes CanoScan Toolbox (4.1.3.1) for Windows XP

And ScanGear CS (8.25)

I have tried without success to install all three updates, I ended up using the original setup CD with Ver. 1.03 FB6-5838 (for windows) to reinstall.

Reply to
Mick

I have a feeling you are not in the right group with this question.

Try one of the computer newsgroups.

Alan

Reply to
Alan Holmes

Try checking the number of colours its scanning in as, and the gamma setting.

Gamma should be 1.0 as standard (lower is darker, higher is brighter).

For "regular" document scanning, 256 colours is probably sufficient to get good clarity, but for photos, you`re best ramping this up to 16 bit (or whatever the scanner can do)

If you could put an example of a scan online somewhere it might help us interpret what`s going wrong.

Oh, and its about as far away from DIY as I can imagine !

Reply to
Colin Wilson

Reply to
Grunff

"Mick" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@brightview.com:

From my knowledge of canon usb scanners (they can be a ****!):

Deldrv is the prog to uninstall old drivers, and should always be used before a reinstall.

Not important, I think; it's the sort of desktop control but the prog you're scanning into should do all you need

That appears to be the correct one.

The driver you pick should resolve to an .exe file, which will install all the gubbins, in fact this one:

S3Aodux.exe

I've found it pays to use the ones from the website, and to save deldrv and the driver somewhere - I only use the sacanner occasionally, and I often find it needs reinstalling just when I need to scan something quick.

But it's better now toucch wood.

After all this waffle, I must say I think all this is plain go/nogo stuff, your symptoms sound as though the scanners bust.

How long did you say you've had it? 13 months? just out of warranty :-((

mike

Reply to
mike ring

LOL I missed that :-)