Satchwell TL thermostat wiring

Been investigating the heating system gradually in the new house.

Realised the room stat wasn't switching the heating on/off. Turns out that it has a cable (3 core and earth) run in and connected at the stat, but it isn't connected up at the other end - weird. System probably been like this for 20 years or more maybe.

Anyway I'm probably going to make some modernisation's next year, but for now I want to connect this up.

The stat is Satchwell TL (system is pumped CH, gravity HW ) I've got no instructions nor any diagram on the stat. Cable is connected up to the stat terminals. I assume the live and the '3rd core' are switched by the stat to turn pump on /off. Neutral is commoned with other neutrals back at the boiler end. (I don't have wiring centre - just a FCU + back box and a flex outlet + back box with various choc blocks etc. - I've worked most of it out)

But if anyone knows how the terminals are intended to be wired that would be good confirmation.

Reply to
chris French

Hi, I got exactly the same problem here. How did you work it out?

Reply to
Matches

He's probably moved since posting that 15 years ago!

TOJ.

Reply to
The Other John