Sat Navs again

Not wishing to trawl through all the 89 recent posts on this subject could I ask a question I asked once before.

Is there a Sat Nav available that allows one to examine the suggested route, and modify it if necessary, ON A COMPUTER SCREEN, and then upload it to the machine ?

Yes I know they mostly will allow this on their own screens but their screens are generally too small and the resolution too poor for them to be of any use.

Paul Mc Cann

Reply to
fred

Not that I know of.

Perhaps you'd describe what you actually want to do this for? Might be another way to do what you want.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

How about getting google maps to plot the route, tweaking it there, and then stuffing it into the satnav?

If so, see:

John Rumm

Garmin supply PC and Mac software that does this. It will upload a route to the Satnav. There's also the free Gartrip package that will upload routes as a series of waypoints.

Reply to
Steve Firth

TomTom will do this. You can connect it to a PC (or mac I'd assume) and operate it from your keyboard, manipulate the route by means of way points etc and the final route remains on the TomTom.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Minchin

fred wrote on Feb 27, 2012:

Garmin has an application, BaseCamp, which is designed to do just that (and a lot more besides). Both Mac and Windows versions are available for free download here:

You need to have the same (Garmin) map installed on your SatNav and computer. Some, but not all the Nuvi range support this as do the Zumos and the Dezl.

I use it all the time with my Nuvi 765. Routes, tracks, and waypoints can be transferred from computer to SatNav and vice versa.

Reply to
Mike Lane

,

suggested

Yes it's called Mapsource.

Reply to
Reentrant

Reply to
grimly4

Thanks to all.

The Tom Tom I had didn't have this facility, nor the Garmin so I suppose they've all been updated.

The bloody websites are so arcane

Paul Mc Cann

Reply to
fred