Saniflo

6" plastic pipe?
Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

The usual failure isn't blockage, it is as Tim says something getting wrapped around the macerator and stalling the pump. At that point, any stuff in the vertical pipe is most likely to drain down into the chamber. The problem with changing bore is likely to be suitable adaptors; remember, you usually use solvent welded on this to avoid

*any* risk of seal failure. Bear that in mind if designing a drain point. Incidentally, mine is significantly more than 22 mm but can't check ATM because it is boxed in.
Reply to
newshound

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Most of it is in the Humour section of the FAQ. If you've missed that....look at the expanding foam section.

Reply to
Bob Eager

This is a great addition to the already hysterical FAQ.

The expanding foam is about the funniest thing I ever read!

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

It's been there a long time.

That one came the nearest to causing me physical damage from laughing.

Reply to
Bob Eager

I read the above post out to my wife ...

There was a temporary delay in the proceedings when I got to the attic bit while she recovered herself ...

When I finished, she asked if it was April 1st

Reply to
Terry Casey

En el artículo , Peter Parry escribió:

I got this far, then shot toothpaste out of my nose and all over my keyboard and black jeans. That'll teach me to brush my teeth while reading your posts. Thanks.

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson

Saniflo's were invented by a Frenchman as a means of reaping revenge on the English.

The pipe in the new bathroom will be under pressure, so when the Macerator packs after someone put a Tampax down up you will have all that shit to come back from the attic under pressure.

Good Luck

Reply to
zaax

With a little ingenuity all the problems are surmountable though I reckon and if it's the only way to fit a shower and loo I would use a Saniflo again. You could even construct the waste in 22mm copper and fit a filling/flushing loop (a la combi boiler) to flush any blockages through.

What could go wrong? ;-)

Tim

Reply to
Tim+