'Salts' on emulsioned wall after a small leak

Hi all

A bit of advice if you would kindly do so.

We had a small gutter leak over our kitchen which resulted in some rainwater draining down one inside wall which is emulsion over plaster. The result is a kind of flaking with some form of powdering/salt. Before I re-emulsion, should this be treated in any way. Needless to say the original gutter problem is fixed

Thanks and regards

Mike

Reply to
fredbloggstwo

No, just let it fully dry and remove the flaky loose stuff, and repaint.

No point in PVA-ing as emulsion is pretty much what PVA is, with color. Just expect to use several coats. But it MUST be fully dry first- several weeks with heat on.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Thanks -

Mike