Russell Hobbs Ceramic Coffee Percolator c. 1975

"You should buy (NC) Normally Closed discs that open at approximately 90 degrees C (194 degrees F)."

I guess the other part of it, is where the sensor is located. If sensing that temperature, that's likely sensing the water temperature above the stem-base. You would think the base plate would regularly get hotter than that.

On this one, the trick is, the heater is a "pot" underneath the base, in the center of the percolator base. The thermostatic disc is placed right over on the edge of the pot base, as far away from the heating chamber as they could get it. That's to emulate sensing the water temperature of the upper section of the pot, versus sensing the temperature in the heater pot.

"farberware coffee maker percolator thermostat fix repair"

Paul

Reply to
Paul

Thanks for those.

Well, I ordered all my bits last night so we will see what happens later. If the thermostats I've bought which are ranging around 70 turn out to be set too low, I'll try buying more with a higher operating temperature.

Nick

Reply to
Nick Odell

I'm back in Dear Old Blighty again, thanks, and apart from dealing with the garden shed which collapsed in the winter gales and similar weather-related stuff I'm wrestling with this old Russell Hobbs. Last year I bought a Technivorm Moccamaster Filter Coffee Maker which was made by hand (almost[1]) in the Netherlands and is now installed in the kitchen in Argentina. I'm sorely tempted to buy another one for over here but for the time being I think I probably ought to just make do with what I've already got, for now.

And you?

Nick [1]

Note the robot in the middle of the factory floor

Reply to
Nick Odell

The 205 is likely Fahrenheit, so 96'C.

Reply to