Router table is back again

Yep. The staff outside the front standing to attention before opening. Both of them.

Reply to
Andy Hall

... before the prisoners file into the guardhouse to pick up their Red Cross parcels?

Owain

Reply to
Owain

I've just bought one, they had sold out last time-

The router base plate drops into an hollowed out section of the alloy casting, then there are four brackets which bolt through the casting to clamp the router down. So basically if the router is able to be dropped into the hollowed out section - it will fit fine.

I didn't buy the Aldi router, so I don't know whether that might fit or not.

The table seems to be well enough built though I did find I needed to tap out the bolt holes for the leg fixings, otherwise the bolts bottomed before they clamped the legs properly. The table has a no volt trip circuit - a plug, on/off buttons and a socket, so the router can't restart if the mains supply is lost. My router has a push button which has to be held in to keep it going and I have not yet worked out how to keep this pressed in whilst it is in use on the table.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

The table I bought last year has been fitted into a knee level TV&Video cabinet which is on casters and has a drawer on the bottom.

This ryobi router has a soft start button but I have wired a permanent on permanent off switch in the other hand grip.

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

Jim A

Reply to
Jim Alexander

Depends on where the push button is but on mine a large bulldog clip works fine.

Chris

Reply to
chris
£45 for the router and table it is a knocking deal.

Router fits the table perfectly and appears a sound fit.

Router has decent adjustments for height unlike most of the cheaper ones.

A possible snag is the 6mm rather than 1/4 inch collet size - I stuck in a

1/4 inch collet from another cheap router to use existing bits and this seemed fine.

The only fault is the very short mains cable on the table.

Reply to
Tim_UK

Perhaps you would care to point out how the router is clamped to the table as people are having difficulty to do it?

I know how the table does its clamping as I bought one when Aldi first had them on sale last year.

I believe the router has a flat base? my DeWalt has a lip on the base where the clamps slip over and secure it to the table.

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby