Roughly screeded floor

I shouldn't have tried it during the hot days last week. It had to be mixed and poured in sections and being fast curing and the weather ended up a bit uneven.

I am hoping to rent a floor grinder tomorrow but rather than grind forever, I though I would get it to a reasonable level and use some kind of filler to level any pits remaining. I wondered if anyone could recommend something for that?

Reply to
pinnerite

self levelling screed of course.

Reply to
tabbypurr

What did you screed it with, and how far out is it?

Latex self levelling compound or one of the propitiatory alternatives should do the trick.

Reply to
John Rumm

I did use self-levelling screed but I had to mix it in a tub and pour it in sections. i couldn't do it in one go. That was the problem.

Anyway I did hire a grinder. Two of us got it into the house but it created a dust storm. the inside of the house was covered.

The On/off switches were badly worn. Couldn't turn it off when I needed to.

Result? Floor with cement "crop-circles".

Got the machine back. It did my back in. Chiropractor fixed it.

Mixed some more screed. filled the holes and improved the levelling.

Used a power drill with a terrific sanding disk. (I cut seven of them out of a big one I bought from the hire shop. That got it to a reasonable state.

To improve it further i bought some Ronseal wall filler.I wanted exterior stuff but no stockists within 10 miles stock it so I bought the interior stuff. Finishing it wet, it comes up OK.

It still needs another go though. I'm knackered today. I'll start tomorrow morning.

Had one coup though. I had bought a touch up kit for my white Niro. The colour really didn't match though. We have a fluorescent shaving light in our bathroom but somehow the enamel surface had got chipped. I rubbed it down and dabbed some Niro base coat with its brush. I went back an hour later to give it a gentle rub with the tube cap and couldn't see where I filled it! Fantastic. All finished now.

Reply to
pinnerite