Retooling around Roomba

I have a small hand held Aldi - one they sort of kept in stock for mail order. Ideal for small jobs and has lasted well.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

yes, to 18V

Reply to
charles

Yes, USB3 plugs are not physically compatible with micro USB. But at least USB3 fits and works either way round.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

backup. Can anyone recommend a good quality lightweight vacuum cleaner

sorry to break it to you but that's a self contradiction. Decent vacs are not lightweight.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

Or the lack of dust extraction and poor quality of any bags.

My recent DIY has resulted in generating some very fine dust and I'm quite impressed how my Henry, with HepaFlo bags, has managed to collect it without any noticeable effect on the following filters.

Reply to
alan_m

But then you may end up with the equivalent of the SCART socket which was so bad in many ways.

Reply to
alan_m

Many cars these days remove power to the axillary power sockets (cigar lighter etc.) after a short period after engine turn off. On my car the delay before turn off is 10 minutes.

Reply to
alan_m

Yes, advance is stifled. But there's a major upside to a common connector in this case.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

The main problem with SCART was the near rigid cable. Same really as some HDMI too.

SCARTS using ribbon cables were much better.

But a battery only has three terminals? Most have settled down to a design which is nearly common anyway now.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

This one is, and, pretty clever too! try in Amazon: ECOVACS DEEBOT N79T Robotics Vacuumer Clean 3-Stage Cleaning System smart use of AI and machine learning. Women hair pet hair and all hair removed!!

Reply to
gopalansampath

lol :)

Reply to
tabbypurr

It turns out there are a lot of Chinese vacuums out there, and some of them are quite good. This guy has many many reviews of different vacuums. Here's the most recent roundup:

Theo (currently looking at a Moosoo K17, although dubious about parts availability)

Reply to
Theo