Resin capsules

I have a little job that needs some studs fixing into a wall with resin to re-attach some 4 x 4 timbers that have been displaced over the years. The nozzle on a tube of resin will never go down the clearance hole and into the brick, although I could extend it with some plastic tube. A simpler way would be to drill through the timber and brick, then jiggle a resin capsule into the hole. The readily available resin capsules

they are good for concrete and stone. Does anyone know whether this means 'definitely not brick' or 'we forgot to put brick on the list' ? The only reason I can imagine for this it that the capsule is 90mm and might be too long for a hole across a single brick if there's a cavity on the other side. Does anyone have any other thoughts/knowledge of this?

Cheers

Reply to
GMM

Resin works fine on brick. But if the brick is weak old soft reds, the brick itself will have limited strength around teh chemical bond. Which is usually not a problem.

NT

Reply to
NT

Good point - and I think mine fits that description (soft red brick), but that means a few more fixings and a bit more care. After the initial stage, there will be very little stress on the fixings. If it's compatible chemically (etc) then it might be worth a go.....

Reply to
GMM

yes, no compatibility problems.

NT