Replacing switch on Zanussi/Electrolux upright vacuum

Hi,

The switch is broken on a ZAN4719/4720 (I think this model is sold under ma ny brands). The cleaner is fairly light in weight and doesn't have any grea t "lifting" to do, so I would like to keep it. The vacuum is permanently on when plugged in which is irritating rather than terminal. I can't find any instructions on how to remove and replace the foot-operated power switch. Much prodding and poking by me hasn't unlocked its secret. Does anyone know of any instructions on how to replace the foot switch?

Thanks,

Clive

Reply to
clive.r.long