Repairing tourist souvenir

In the summer my son returned from a trip to Costa Rica. One of his souvenirs was a frog sitting atop a leaf (both in highly polished wood). Sadly, Frog and leaf have parted company and it looks as though they were connected using a gum/resin (there are blobs still on top of the leaf). Question is, how do I permamently reunite frog and leaf?

Thanks,

Paul

Reply to
Paul Andrews

Is the leaf thick enough to accommodate something like a small length of wire coathanger etc mating up with holes drilled in both parts then bonded with araldite etc?

Pete

Reply to
PeTe33

Silicone .??

Glue Stick .??

Reply to
Stuart

UPVA wood glue

Reply to
Staffbull

Hotmelt. Gap-filling, not impossibly permanent, no solvents to lift a finish, doesn't care about previous water-impermeable finishes. Stick some newspaper / masking tape down first in case of drips.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

Chewing gum. hth.

Reply to