Repairing plaster statuette

A friend of mine has a plaster statuette which is of great sentimental value. It was recently knocked over and damaged.

She asked me to glue it back together and the parts look to be cleanly broken and should go back together well.

Which adhesive would be best to use ?

Super-glue might work well, but I wonder if plaster is too porous for it.

What would you suggest ?

Reply to
Rolyata

Davids P45 from car accessory shops.

Reply to
ben

Depends on the shape, and where it's broken - if it's lost its head I'd be inclined to dowel it together with a bit of steel studding and some epoxy.

Reply to
Rob Morley

Plaster as in gypsum? I'd repair it with more gypsum plaster. Soak the statuette in water first to kill the suction. Paint the break with a plaster and water paste, stick the two bits together, tidy up the join and leave it for a couple of days to get nice and hard

Gypsum goes off with age and you will hardly need any at all so if you want to go this route then email me your address and I'll send you a little packet of nice fresh gypsum

Anna

~~ Anna Kettle, Suffolk, England |""""| ~ Lime plaster repairs / ^^ \ // Freehand modelling in lime: overmantels, pargeting etc |____|

01359 230642

Reply to