Repairing peg tile roofs

Hi, my kent red peg tile roof has lost a few tiles in places where
they have cracked off or fallen out completely. How feasible is it to
have single tiles replaced and is it a DIY job? They were broken by
the SKY man btw and I didnt notice for a while :-( Many Thanks.
Reply to
Richard
Unfortunately, v unlikely to happen as I cant prove it as it was a while ago. I am guessing it was them due to the position of his ladder and the broken tiles. Thnaks.
Reply to
Richard
Its very possible.
You lift the tile above and slide the new one under it, latching on the battens.
Nailing is not necessary. Its generally about every third tile anyway..` few more unnailed ones don't matter.
Reply to
The Natural Philosopher
You do not have to prove it You need only provide evidence on a balance of probablity Go to the small claims court
The pleading should be along the lines
It was ok for x years then came along the Skyman the damages is exactly in the same location no damage elsewhere in x years only noticed after water had chance to penetrate
Sky are most unlikely to defend it if (and only if ) you are sure it was him and there are no other mudlling opportunities for other explanations
Go for it - they caused it - they can pay! Stand up for your rights Chris
Reply to
mail

Site Timeline Threads