Repairing pan lid knobs

Not as bad as some, at least they haven't choosen blue on grey for text or a forced a miniscule font size. What is a bit disconcerting is the complete lack of any prices even if you add things to your shopping cart you still don't know how much they are going to cost you or look on the brochure page. I've not even found a separate price list to cross reference with part noumbers.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Strangely I get the Flash animation but no content other than the menu. Must be a Javascript thingie.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Cobblers.

Epoxy softens, but polyester based catalysed resins just set harder!

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

?

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Don't make me laugh like that. I'm not over my bad chest yet :-)

Dave

Reply to
Dave

The Tg or glass transition temperature for polyester is around 75 deg C, for epoxy it's around 150 deg C. A filled epoxy is a much more appropriate material for repairing a pan lid knob.

Reply to
Mike

STEAM LOCOMOTIVE BODY FILLER

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Worked in Opera with images off, although I had to guess where the links to the checkout were. Managed to add items to basket and start checkout.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

funny after all these years. Can you believe it dates from 1976? 32 years ago!

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

That's what I've done with the lid to the wok. Wooden knob from Focus, fixed on a stainless bolt.

Reply to
Huge

Well having used both, I can only go by experience.

Car body filler and related products (plastic padding, liquid metal) are often used to repair car radiators, and other pretty hot things, and they work.

I use epoxy to repair plates and china. If done carefully and stoved in the oven at around 90C they seem to be dishwasher proof. But not if not stoved. Then they seem to soften and go rubbery, and fall apart.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

But they don't get blasted with steam in the same way as a pot lid handle does.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)