Repainting ride-on mower deck

incidentally Bonda Rust Primer is a lot better then Hammerite, or anything else. used extensively by boatyards

Reply to
Mark

OK - thanks!

Reply to
Adrian Brentnall

This allows you to move the reply to button out of the way, or hide in the toolbar and/or to put the followup button in the position where you are most likely to select it.

Note: followup is called smart reply in the add-on (but doesn't change the followup name on the menu bar)

Install the add-on then right click on the reply to/followup etc. tool bar and you should get a customise icon appearing

Reply to
alan_m

Thanks Alan. I installed that and then pressed the wrong button somewhere and wiped out all of the menu bars <grin>

Managed to unravel it and will have a closer look when I have a spare moment. Thanks for the instructions! Adrian

Reply to
Adrian Brentnall

I expect the best rolls royce option would be pickle & hot dip galv. Effortless too. You might have somewhere that does it near you.

Reply to
Animal

Yes, thanks - that would be ideal - but would involve complete dismantling of the deck and considerable delays... I do have contacts that would do that...

I think we're going more for 'Ford Escort' <grin> - and just plan to delay the inevitable as long as possible...

The deck is currently sitting on the bench in my glass workshop - so there's an incentive to get it treated and painted asap, so I can get on with some glass!

Thanks

Reply to
Adrian Brentnall

Seriously, don't bother,

The deck will take at least 40 years to rust through

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

wire wheel, acid, paint, preferably epoxy An escort quality job would be hand sand, filler, household gloss, repeat in 2 years when it falls out..

Reply to
Animal

Back in student days (a long time ago) I repainted my 105E Anglia (which might have been more fibreglass matting than steel by that point) with Woollie's household paint and it was still going strong when I sold the car.

Reply to
nothanks