Removing the smell of cannabis

The new neighbour has asked how to do it as his new house stinks of it:-)

And he is also not pleased to find out that Paul laid the laminate on top of the carpets.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Most of the yoofs round here seem to avoid the problem by smoking it on the streets ...

Reply to
Andy Burns

The court stopped Paul from doing that......

ARWadsworth

But did they really have to amputate the lower part of his foot?

I'm guessing something janitorial for the smell removal, something like:

I like these guys so:

Can't understand the problem with the lam over carpet, people are always saying it's too hard on the feet w/o decent underlay.

Reply to
fred

Would assume it's from smoke and treat same as cigarette stench.

(remove all soft furnishings, wallpaper, wash woodwork, doors and windows)

Reply to
mogga

Am I the only one to suspect that the two issues are related?

Reply to
Mentalguy2k8

My daughters landlord did exactly the same thing before she moved in. :-)

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

In our last house we ended up having the carpets professionally cleaned to get rid of the smell of elderly dog. I imagine that cannabis is much the same.

Reply to
Huge

Decorate? (Fresh emulsion sorted out the lingering curry smell in the kitchen when I moved into this house.)

(New people moved into a house near me more than 20 years ago thought they had fitted carpets throughout - but in the bedroom the carpet was offcuts fitted around the previous owner's furniture.)

Reply to
Peter Johnson

Hire an ozone generator.

Tim

Reply to
Tim

Cat piss should do the trick.

Reply to
Gib Bogle

What else did he lay on top of the carpets... :-)

Reply to
ss

In message , tony sayer writes

Strange you should mention this, when I moved into my current house it had a stud wall that had a carpet either side with the same pattern that didn't come up too easily. There again the downstairs floor was basic chipboard and the joists underneath were parts of a salvaged roof. Some one had even lit a fire in the grate, problem was that the base of the grate was the chipboard and it had burnt through into the void under the floor................

Reply to
Bill

En el artículo , ss escribió:

From the sounds of it, it's what's under the floorboards that he should be worrying about :-)

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson

Foam backed carpet would probably be ok under laminate being relatively thin. I know someone with laminate over proper carpet with underlay and it's got a bizarre sinky feel, like there's an unsupported floorboard underneath.

Scott

Reply to
Scott M

No, I wondered about that too.