Removing a hydronic towel heater help?

Ages ago I posted a question requesting help on how to remove a Myson hydronic towel heater - and I have only just got round to actually doing it! But alas I am having problems.

Looking at the diagrams on:

couple of kindly people replied to say:

  1. DO NOT MOVE A, G, F, B, D
  2. Close E and the equivalent on the other side
  3. Open the bleed valve at the top
  4. Open the C's a bit, drain out the mucky water, then open the C's entirely, and the wall fixings near the top, then the whole thing should lift off.

The problem I am having is that even having undone the C's as much as I can, I cannot lift the thing off. The towel heater does not want to come off at the C-points. Anybody got any hints please? If I pull the thing away from the wall fixings at the top, it leaves it at a funny angle at point C - maybe that's the problem? But how to get around that?

THanks!

Reply to
JMC

To all intents and purposes, these are just ordinary radiator valves - albeit bottom entry rather than side entry.

With this particular type, item C is the nut of a compression joint. There is a short extension pipe going down from B, which has an olive, all held in place by C.

To separate it, the rad has to be lifted vertially by an inch or more, with C fully undone in order to pull the expension pipe out of the valve body.

HTH.

Reply to
Set Square

If that doesn't work maybe the C joints are just stuck - it happens. Holding or propping the heater up and giving a lightish downward tap on point D with a hammer and wooden drift might free them.

Peter

Reply to
Peter Taylor

Hi, or better still tapping the rad/towl heater upwards with a heavy (lump) hammer, no im not joking use small taps each side wilst holding the valve downwards with gentle pressure, and nut c undone to free it regards bob

Reply to
burbeck