Remove cement from ridge tiles?

The ridge tiles were cemented to the slates, so before I replace them I must clean off most of the cement and slate.. But the cement is harder than the tiles.

Blunt wood chisel and small hammer? Big cold chisel and lump hammer? Drill holes to weaken it? Angle grinder with a cutting or grinding disk? Brick acid?

Anyone got any ideas or experience please?

[george]
Reply to
george [dicegeorge]

I used an angle grinder with diamond cutting blade, assisted with bolster chisel and smallish hammer and a lot of jiggling. I still needed several replacements, which are dryfixed.

Reply to
<me9

What is dryfixed?

A way of fitting them without cement?

[g]
Reply to
george [dicegeorge]

Yes. Various systems are available. I used a Marley one.

Reply to
<me9

Because the roofers only reslated one side of the roof and autumn gales are coming is this a way to refit the ridge tiles such that I can take them off again next summer?

cement would result in a lot more proken ridge tiles, and theyre £6 each from the recycler when they can find any..

[g]
Reply to
george [dicegeorge]