Recommendation for 32Kw+ boiler?

Were you born stupid, or did you also get a degree in it from your mythical university?

I'd suggest you try getting your own act together before you start putting words into other's mouths...

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Really?

IMM? You *have* to be joking...

Most people would have the sense to take professional advice before buying any house.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Why thanks for the compliment. Didn't you realise that double negatives make a positive? Silly me. Of course you didn't.

I'll take it you're now recommending that a heating/hot water system isn't a thing to have checked when buying a house?

Sheesh.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Work on that insulation. 32kW is really quite obscene for a house. It sounds more like a small hotel. Of course, if the house really is massive (we're thinking 8 bedrooms+) here, then it might not be so unusual, although could still probably be improved. Otherwise you should be thinking of increasing the insulation, not the size of the boiler.

If the house really is that big, then you may find an instantaneous combi is overstretched. You may only have 2 occupants now, but perhaps this could increase in the future, or if you sell the house, someone might notice that it is inadequete for a large household.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

Which precludes anything you ever say.

Reply to
IMM

You obviously can't read either.

No, I am getting at your Ma & Pa for not chastising you as child. Look what their little mite ended up as.

Reply to
IMM

Q diatribe from the resident 'one size fits all' merchant...

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Perhaps you'd remind the group of your qualifications in the matter?

Clue. That doesn't include the ability to read websites and cut and paste from them...

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I have intelligence and knowledge.

Reply to
IMM

A combi is a combi. Some have high flow rates, that is what he should be installing. Then no problems when selling or in performance.

Reply to
IMM

So when buying one you just ask for a combi?

Now explain the possible extra costs over and above the cost of the boiler.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I would think so. When you buy a car you say, "Can I have a car please?". You don't say "Can I have doughnut please?". This is very important otherwise you will end up with no products in your house and lots of doughnuts.

He must have had a terrible upbringing.

Reply to
IMM

No, he asks for two

Reply to
Tony Bryer

.. and a hacksaw and plastic pipe to connect them. ;-)

Reply to
Andy Hall

Thanks for the info everyone.

Dave

Reply to
David Cameron

So you know even less about cars then? Didn't think that was possible.

I thought the question would be beyond you.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

You are getting it. Great idea.

Reply to
IMM

Plastic pipe? Pros use copper in new installations. tsk, tsk.

Reply to
IMM

When you buy a combi, you ask for a car?

Reply to
IMM

Exactly......

Reply to