Re: Why is hi-vis clothing easier to see? What's so special about the colour?

OK in the 1960s you could get a two part paint. It used to be called Day Glo. The basic stuff was a white undercoat and the colour you wanted on top. There was a green but most were amber or yellow. I used to paint it on parts of model aircraft since I was partially sighted and contrast was everything. I imagine the paint underneath reflected most of the uv so that the top coat could convert as much as possible into the colour needed.

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

You make crinkly noises as you walk, and people sometimes mistake you for a traffic warden?

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

I once actually saw a member of the public having a normal conversation with a traffic warden. I told them not to communicate with lowlifes.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Killfile too complicated for your little brain is it?

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

I don't use it. Just f*ck off.

Reply to
Mr Pounder Esquire

No. You want me to go away, learn to use your antique Windows XP contraption correctly. I had a killfile back in 1995.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey