Re: What is this tune?

> > -- > If voting could really change things, it would be illegal.

Difficult to say from only 8 seconds of an intro. Why don't you say where you got it?

Reply to
Dave W

That's as long as it plays for. It was used as background music when someone died.

It's Stargate SG1, s08e06 - Avatar, at 42 minutes.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

I never knew about that trick. I just used the "create link" function in the website after uploading it.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

Can you not find somewhere else to post your attention grabbing trolling nonsense? This is a DIY group to which you have never contributed a red cent and never will do.

Reply to
Mr Pounder Esquire

You pick one, this is a DIY group.

Show us one helpful and accurate contribution to DIY that you made. Just one will do.

Reply to
Mr Pounder Esquire

Do I have to explain it to you in words of one syllable? There is no group where it would be on topic. And only people like Simon Mason want everything on topic. You are more like him than you think.

Likewise.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

All I got was a *completely* blank page. Seems I would have to enable Google to run a script, but that's a total no-no for me (and anyone else with any sense too).

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

In that case, it's probably not a tune, or even part of a tune. Just a bit of background music for a particular emotional effect. It might, by chance, correspond to part of a particular tune; the fewer notes there are, the more likely this will happen.

Reply to
Max Demian

Perhaps from a classical piece? The online search engines didn't recognise it, but then they never do.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

A blank page from what link?

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

Worked for me.

Reply to
Bod

According to IMDB, the composers of the opening and closing themes were Joel Goldsmith and David Arnold, so maybe one of them did your bit of background music.

Reply to
Dave W