Re-treating parquet flooring

Had our parquet flooring sanded and "varnished" 7 or so years ago. Now several areas are through to the wood. would it come up ok if I just cleaned and re-varnished it? If so what is a good product. I don't know what was used originally but it was liquid and applied with a rag.

Reply to
Broadback

If the old finish is soluble in meths or white spirit, you should be able to "revive" it with a rag soaked in the solvent. Otherwise you'll probably need to sand it. Polyurethane sands to a fine powder and doesn't gum up the abrasive, whereas other finishes might.

Reply to
Stuart Noble