Re: Superglue as stud 'n bearing fit?

No-one wants his their nuts to drop off.. :) But rather than

>Loctite's rather expensive Stud & Bearing fit, has anyone tried good >old superglue?

Your typical poundshop superglue doesn't like anything oily. It's also brittle, which might cause vibration problems.

Also there's a difference between studlock and bearing retainer. If you put a stud in with nutlock, you'll shear it off if you try and get it out afterwards.

To fix your washing machine, you can use earwax if that's all you have. But if it matters, use the right one. Most of my stash is freshly-time-expired mil-surplus, bought for peanuts.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

IIRC, loctite doesn't 'go off' when expired.

Reply to
Ian Stirling