Re: OT - Wind Turbines - Ed Davey opens EnglandÂ’s largest onshore wind farm ...next to a mothballed gas fired power station

I drove past our local eyesore turbines yesterday, when there was a

> wind blowing, and not one of them was rotating. Funny that.

They were feathered - now they just need tatarring.

Reply to
PeterC

Ta-ta, as in 'Goodbye'? Yep, agreed.

Thinking about it as well, if they were tar-black as opposed to white, they might not be such a blot on the landscape. The old airfield they are built on is now an industrial estate, so no aircraft there to worry about.

Reply to
Davey

Black is used for RAF training aircraft as it shows up well against the sky. Perhaps they could be painted sky blue instead, or maybe grey would blend in better with the average British sky.

Reply to
Nightjar

Pink was used for a while in WW2

G.Harman

Reply to
damduck-egg

During my apprenticeship, I discovered that the pastel green used for most of the control gear was specified as *Aircraft grey green*.

Reply to
Tim Lamb

Is that an official Airfix/Humbrol paint colour? Tesco are offering the Dam Busters Lancaster at discount at the moment, and you can use those stupid coupons that never seem to be of any use.

Reply to
Davey

In message , Davey writes

Pass:-)