Re: No to the Internationalist EU! When the BNP said British Jobs for British Workers, they meant it!!

>>> If British scroungers got of their fat, lazy arses instead of sitting >>> in front of their Sky TVs, cramming their ugly faces with doughnuts, >>> reading the Daily Mail and whining about foreigners who speak better >>> English than they do, then I for one would have more sympathy. >>> Absolute disgrace. >> >> I'll comment on this once I've had breakfast and decided what time to >> set off for work. > > Anyone ever used an Indian call centre and actually understood > what they were saying?

As soon as I twig it's an Indian call centre, I say to the guy : "Set see ah-khal" (dunno how you spell it, but thats more or less how you say it)

And "bahut bahut shuk a rhia" when you sign off. (or just "shuk a rhia")

Or "Ka-oy bad nahee" if they get the "shuk a rhia" in first.

Gets them fair rattled....

Reply to
Ian

No idea about 'set see akal'! What does that mean?

'Bahut shukria' is 'thanks very much' - try 'meherbani' which is more Hindi for 'thank you'

'Koi bad nahi' sounds like 'someone not bad'.

I once said to a call centre person in India 'tum theek karna mere PC' (you made my PC better!)

It is funny being able to say pleasantries but not much more! Interesting when you discover how much English is derived or shared with Urdu and Hindi.

Reply to
Mark W