Re: Low Emission Zone (LEZ) is to improve air quality in London.

Campaign for Fresh Air (Campaign for Fresh Air ) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

>> It does seem a little ill thought out. I don't see why cars are >>> excluded. It should be all or nothing. Public transport is a slightly >>> different consideration. >>The main effect it has had is that London removals firms, whose >>pantechnicons are traditionally old because they cover very little >>mileage and don't wear out, > They cover very high mileages. The problem is because they are a unique > vehicle and cost a fortune to have built to order.

Sounds like it'd be more cost effective to re-engine them to conform to the LEZ emissions specs, then.

>Living on the east Kent coast, I'm sure you can understand *exactly* how >>concerned I am about this. > You will be if you dare venture up here to complain to Ken about it > whilst visiting Madame Tussaud's.

Does anybody except foreign school parties go to Tussauds? Why?

Reply to
Adrian

Campaign for Fresh Air (Campaign for Fresh Air ) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

Where were the other 30%, then?

Reply to
Adrian

"Adrian" wrote

I think our eco-loonie chum is now one move away from being checkmated.

Reply to
Knight Of The Road

Conor (Conor ) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

No, it's only Euro3 on.

Reply to
Adrian

I havent actually seen any of the OPs postings ... seems that my newsfeed has shitlisted him for whatever reason.

Reply to
Gizmo.

Sorry...as it doesn't affect me and I don't give a stuff, I didn't read up on it fully.

1999 then. So that's X/Y reg. Not that many X and Y reg lorries on the road nowadays. The last fleet of X reg wagons I personally know about were retired over 18 months ago.
Reply to
Conor

somebody (somebody ) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

...when Euro4 compliance becomes required.

Every wagon built since 2006 has needed to be Euro4 compliant, but plenty from a few years before would have been. Same as some are already Euro5, which isn't required until October next year.

Reply to
Adrian

John Rowland ("John Rowland" ) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

To be fair, let's make it clear that's all black cabs - TFL-registered minicabs and cabs coming into London from outside aren't necessarily.

All London buses are at least Euro3 compliant.

Reply to
Adrian

I look forward to them being Euro 172 compliant, then. Perhaps the "black snot" phenomenom will cease.

Reply to
Huge

Huge (Huge ) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

Well, no, the main reason is the huge number of _people_.

Reply to
Adrian

Since when did people emit NOx and particulates (excluding smokers of course).

Reply to
dennis

dennis@home ("dennis@home" ) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

D'you really think the buses, vans, trucks, generators, refrigeration units, cranes and all the other infrastructure would be there in the scale there are, if there weren't lots and lots of people there?

Reply to
Adrian

In that case you mean cause, rather than reason. Not that it really matters. I think London stinks as well. Mike.

Reply to
Mike G

Cabs (proper cabs, licensed to ply for hire) from outside London are not exempt from the "Congestion" Tax.

Reply to
JNugent

Eviction of Livingstone would reduce the hot air considerably.

Reply to
Andy Hall

Ken got abolished by the Mad Cow.

Some while later she resigned.

Then he managed to get his old job back, but ended up being a clone of his executress.

Now, Bonking Boris even looks like a viable alternative.

Ken used to be my MP, and was not bad at it, but since he decided to go down the route of fascism, we've been stuck with the dreadful self-promoting-at-every-opprortunity Sarah Teather.

She does get things done, though, even though she makes sure that

*everyone* sees her bathing in tHe glory.

If she stood for Mayor, I'd probably vote for her :-)

Reply to
Humbug

Conor (Conor ) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

Fuck, Honda make speak-and-spells?

I always thought it was v-tech that made the electronic toys.

Reply to
Adrian

Fuck knows. I tend to switch off when the ads are on.

Reply to
Conor

.....on your living room wall.

So you think London should have filthy air and noise pollution too because it doesn't affect you.

.
Reply to
Doctor Drivel