Re: Loft insulation

Hallo

> >What is modern loft insulation made of? As a child I remember being >warned to be careful in the loft because of all the fibre-glass dust (I >dont think my parents cared much if I fell through the plasterboard >ceiling. It was just the fibreglass they warned me about!), and in my >current house the horrendously insufficient depth of insulation seems to >be made up of mostly shredded paper and belly-button lint. If possible, >I'd really like to avoid using fibre-glass when I come to upgrade. > >Byebye > >Matt. >

For example.... "Rockwool is a stone-based insulation. It is sourced from abundant lava deposits of volcanic rocks which are melted in a cupola furnace like a controlled man-made volcano. As the re-melted lava comes out of the furnace, it is spun, given water repellency treatment and bound together in a wool-like fleece. Rockwool is a stone wool, which is inorganic and ideal for thermal insulation, fire protection, acoustic control and environmental purposes. "

Also:- B&Q do a range of insulation that comes in a perforated plastic bag...you can lay the insulation direct in the bag, so not needing to get fibres everywhere. the perforations allow moisture in and out.

Reply to
Conrad Edwards