Re: Ideas for Reuse of Bulk Bags?

It's hot, I'm feeling frivolous,

> And todays competition is... > What do you do with all those Bulk Bags used to deliver sand etc, > which are Non Returnable. I'm accumulating them. Up to five now. More > in future. One went to daughter to cover BBQ. One to neighbour to act > as output hopper for brushwood mincing machine, one covering my > scaffold tower components, but I still need MORE ideas. > -- > Olav Marjasoo > Overlooking the Clyde, West Coast of Scotland

Hi Olav,

Keep them in stock, because outside in the sunlight (and I suppose the Ultra Violet) they disintegrate in less than a year! I used one as a Cement Mixer cover and was very disapointed when the top (where exposed to the light) fell to bits.

Ian.

Reply to
Ian French

A coat of aluminium paint helps, and also cuts down heat buildup. Also works for the ubiquitous blue tarpaulins.

Best use I've heard of was someone who had a badger stuck in their outhouse. They trapped it into this bag, stuck a pole through the handles and carried it outside.

Better than the BBC's recommended strategy of shooting them 8-(

Reply to
Andy Dingley

Using mine at the moment to take lawn clippings and hedge/shrub trimmings, brambles etc to the tip.

Dave Baker - Puma Race Engines

I'm not at all sure why women like men. We're argumentative, childish, unsociable and extremely unappealing naked. I'm quite grateful they do though.

Reply to
Dave Baker

Perhaps you could rent it out for the summer and collect in the autumn... :-) .andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

Hi

They struck me as making a really BIG beanbag, filled with loads of polystyrene packaging fed thru the shredder, plus those air pockets used for packing now.

Regards, NT

Reply to
N. Thornton

Thanks for all the ideas. I didn't know they degraded in sunlight, not had them long enough yet.

-- Olav Marjasoo Overlooking the Clyde, West Coast of Scotland

Reply to
Olav Marjasoo

I've used them for insulation under my camp trailer to keep wind from blowing under it, filling them with fiber glass insulation i had taken off a demolition site , filled them and pulled them under the trailer it works good and cheap to do, i would have skirted the trailer however it has details on the lower periphery that would make it difficult.

Reply to
snowkatjoe