Re: Electronic interference from Kenwood

My Kenwood mixer breaks up the signal for digital tv.

how about a powered arial booster from Maplin? Just fit it near the TV where the arial cable arrives. Might cure it. The DIY group might have more to offer.

Reply to
The Reid

The message from The Reid contains these words:

Kenwood mixers have been dire for RF interference since the 60s at least. I rememeber the snow we used to get when Mum was making cakes.

Best bet would be to cure the interference at source rather than deal with the results - first off check that the RF suppression capacitor hasn't fallen off. It /should/ be across the motor terminals.

Reply to
Guy King

It's more likely to make things worse. The mains feed to the amplifier, or the amplifier itself are likely to pick up the radiated interference from the mixer. The only solution is to cure the interference at source. Only the other day I threw out some suppression guidance notes for numerous mixers and the like :-(

Reply to
Frank Erskine

Frank Erskine wrote: Snip

Only the