Rats!

Slight flaw in the argument;

1) Rats can't use shotguns, they wouldn't know how to load or fire one, and they are too small to lift one anyway.

2) Rats cant speak, so they couldn't ask someone to use a shotgun on thier behalf.

I think I'm safe enough..........................

Dave Top of the food chain & proud of it!

Reply to
david lang

So hardly a fair match for a bloodthirsty human then.

So they should be left in peace, away from the paranoid humans whose reaction to animals of all types is to kill them. The disease argument is invalid. Humans spread far worse diseases than any animal and yet we continue to allow that. If you don't want to see so many, remove the rubbish that attracts them.

Why can't some people live in harmony with nature instead of trying to obliterate it?

Reply to
Andy Luckman (AJL Electronics)

Looks like they're going to have to rely on Weil's disease then ...

Complacency.

Your moral philosophy is crap.

I can understand the "proud of it". The trouble is you are wrong in just about everything you say so that pride is very hollow.

Reply to
John Cartmell

It's unwise to assume that what you see is all there is. None of us has any idea what considered justification there was - all we know is what the author decided to make public at that particular time.

So you think there's something *wrong* with being on the level of a rat (whatever that means). How interesting.

OK. But what makes you think that he thinks otherwise? Hint: there's nothing in his posts to suggest that.

I don't. Please don't put words into my mouth.

Reply to
Mike Barnes

His choice. If there is more than that he is welcome to display his above sewer mentality; his response did not succeed! ;-)

Actually no. But that means that both should be given the same consideration.

He hasn't given much evidence that he does think - but it's worth pointing out the natural result of his 'thoughts'.

I share your disillusion of some members of our species.

Reply to
John Cartmell

Dave, meet grizzly bear. Grizzly bear, meet Dave.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

"You don't come here for the hunting, do you?" etc. etc.

Reply to
Andy Hall

See my reply to "raden". FU set.

Reply to
Chris Bacon

No worse than many "humans".

Reply to
Frank Erskine

Really? That sounds like nonsense to me.

Reply to
Mike Barnes

No, my reaction to rats is to kill them, not animals of all types.

Dave

Reply to
david lang

So set follow ups to alt.phobia.mania

Reply to
John Cartmell

Wow, you really are that petrified of a creature so small? I think it's time to get some help, it can't be healthy to be constantly looking over your shoulder.

Reply to
Andy Luckman (AJL Electronics)

The message from John Cartmell contains these words:

And is your bloodsport of choice fishing like that arch hypocrite Tony Banks?

Reply to
Roger

This might sound incredible to you but I find the word 'bloodsport' to be entirely repugnant. 'Sport' requires freely consenting participants.

Reply to
John Cartmell

The size of an animal bears no relation to its unpleasantness. Consider whatever causes MRSA, for example.

Reply to
Sam Nelson

1.5+ metres of gross unpleasantness.
Reply to
John Cartmell

But we are talking rats. Small, furry creature, long tail and whiskers. No less cute than a chipmunk, cat or whatever. If you have a phobia, that's up to you.

Reply to
Andy Luckman (AJL Electronics)

The message from John Cartmell contains these words:

So you do go fishing but don't like it called a bloodsport.

Reply to
Roger

I certainly do not go fishing. Your assumption that I do says a great deal about your mindset.

Reply to
John Cartmell