radiator vent plugs

Hi guys

A while ago I enquired on here about where to get replacement bleed screws/vent plugs (I've heard them called both). Anyways, the advice was to buy a new vakve and simply use the screw from that (My radiators have built in bleed holes). So I bought one at the weekend, only to find that the screw is too small for the hole.

So do they come in more than one size? If so, how many sizes are there? Is the size the external diameter of the thread, or the internal?

And most importantly, where can i get one? The plumbers merchant i got the valve mentioned above from only sold the one size....

Cheers

Paul

Reply to
Paul Williams

That's interesting!

I've got a mixture of roll-top radiators with integral bleed assemblies, and rads with removeable bleed assemblies - and the pins themselves all seem to have a 2BA thread - which is about 4.6mm in diameter to the top of the threads.

You may have seen my recent post about my MkII Gizmo - for screwing into the rad in place of the bleed screw in order to pump some air in, to force the water up into the header tank so that there is less to drain out. In designing this, I have assumed that all bleed pins are the same. Seems like a bit more research may be called for!

Are you able to measure the diameter of the pin, and to determine what thread it has? This would be very useful information.

Reply to
Set Square