Radial or Ring - Garage ?

As part of my kitchen project I am going to move the washing machine and tumble dryer into the integrated garage on a new circuit from the CU. There will be one other spare (double) socket on the circuit as well. The appliances will both have their own single socket.

I guess it will need a 32A MCB but do I run a 2.5mmsq ring circuit or a

6mmsq radial circuit?

I just cannot decide!

Steve

Reply to
Steve Jones

In message , Steve Jones writes

Will it, off the top of my head I'd have thought 20A would be enough? In which case a radial in 2.5mm would be fine.

Whatever suits the situation best - probably a radial unless it is all spread around the garage. 4mm is enough for the radial I think, (without checking)

Reply to
chris French

I have a ring main in the garage with just a few more sockets than you intend. [1]

The ring is also fed from it's own RCCB so that if there is a trip the whole house does not cut out.

[1] You can't have enough sockets in the garage.
Reply to
Tony Williams

I used a 6mm radial, as the heavy point loadings might not have suited a ring configuration. I dropped down to 2.5mm for the individual runs to each socket.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle