Quick question - sanding/grinding down render

I need to take the top 2 mm or so off some external render. I need it slightly lower than the rest of the surrounding render prior to applying a finish which will build it up again.
My first thought was some tough sandpaper but the wall is presumably a kind of fixed location tough sandpaper.
Chisel of any kind seems too brutal and unlikely to give a smooth finish.
Angle grinder likewise (certainly in my shaky hands).
Any suggestions?
TIA
Dave R

On 17/08/17 13:14, David wrote:

brute force kango attack to chop back then re render joining to 'rough finish'

Josef Stalin
Can you not simply taper it so it looks like its meant to be like that? Does anyone really notice such things? Brian
--
----- -
On Thursday, 17 August 2017 13:14:48 UTC+1, David WE Roberts (Google) wrote:

TC grinding disc in angle grinder. A big SDS would leave a right mess and could damage the underlying wall.
NT
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

+1 or try experimenting with powerful pressure washer.