Quick Consumer unit query

Or add a non maintained emergency light to the smoke/alarm/CO circuit. That way you have a visible (and useful) indication of circuit failure.

Reply to
John Rumm

And one of Tims CUs would be my suggestion.

Reply to
ARW

You can add an isolator to the circuit to allow the lights to remain on, but to isolate all the alarms/detectors etc.

Reply to
John Rumm

With that many alarms, you might want to look at a type that can include a remote test and hush switch. That allows you to shut them up from a central location, and also sound just the alarm that triggered the alarm in the first place so you can quickly identify the location.

Reply to
John Rumm

Bloody smart arse:-)

A key/fish switch would be ideal for this.

Reply to
ARW

sorry that should have been 32A :-)

Reply to
Stephen H

Only if the batteries have failed in the detectors.

Reply to
ARW

Tim's CUs?

Do tell me more....

Reply to
Stephen H

Tim Watts - a good poster on the newsgroup.

He DIYed a very nice Hager CU. I was going to say that he did a pro installation until I realised he had done a very good job.

I am sure he will give a link to his photos of it.

Reply to
ARW

Can you get those with DP switching? The chances are when working on a circuit you will put on a N E short and trip the RCD. Of course how many people just isolate with an ordinary (single pole) MCB. B-)

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Has the cold spell stopped Google working at yours:-)?

Reply to
ARW