Quality of different makes of digital verniers?

I have an Aldi set which must be 15 if not 20 years old. They still look like new. I do remove the battery when not using them and store it in the supplied wooden case - I tend to do this with kit used infrequently.

Reply to
Brian

That is right and thefirst make he mentions can be recalibrated, but some makers are just set once. I have no use for such tools these days, but when I worked for Racal we did and the Japanese make was superior, to all the others that were tried. Battery life was short in all of them then though. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Also consider dial verniers. No battery to worry about & easy to read.

Reply to
wasbit

Same thing I've seen with mine (just one). Any idea what causes that, and why we are both getting the same addition (or close, I know if

5.something mm)?

Reply to
Adam Funk

I assumed it was error in the reading head; where 5.08mm = 0.2" Perhaps bad connection. It implies the system is imperial based.

Reply to
Fredxx